1) Get the weight more under control. I want to lose at least 20 pounds by August. The problem is I'm doing so much with my projects, when I think about what I can skip to gain time, exercise is usually the first thing to get bumped. Gotta work on that.
2) Get better with the drums. I'm not looking to be Buddy Rich, I'm just shooting for competency. My biggest problem at the moment is boggling. I spent so many years tapping in time with the music that now, when I have to separate the impulses, I'll get mixed up and start hitting things at random while keeping time with the music. Gotta work on my discipline.
3) Head Above Water done and in the can and out before the ChicagoCon. To my mind, this is the most doable.
4) At least one new game project done by the Chicago Con. Germ Warfare, obviously.
5) Start experimenting with C++ again to see if I can make it work or if I'm switching gears to Pascal. And no, FreeBasic is out. I know too much about the GPL and how it works, blithely ignoring it because of implicit permission makes me a hypocrite. I refuse to become something I hate.
6) At least start penciling and inking another comic series, just which one I don't know. But this means I will have to have it scripted and ready before the end of the year, so I better start thinking about it. Given that my Hard Way Studio projects are on hold, I want to make it a more grown-up story so I don't get pigeonholed into the cutesy like Sound Waves. So at least one idea has to wait a while.
7) This year, two credit cards got paid off. Next credit card targeted, projected to have it cut in half by the end of the year. Part of my continuing quest to get my ass out of debt.
8) See if I can land a writing assignment with another comic publisher, just to keep the name out and demonstrate I can work with a staff. Give editors more of a reason to take a chance on me.
9) Debating if I want to save up for a trip to Harry Potter world early next year.
10) I have never been to the Bristol Ren Faire. I intend to change that this year.
11) I'm thinking very seriously of rebuilding my dev center. Three computer towers, a laptop, 200 watt sound system, a couple of other tech toys, and video equipment in an area two feet deep and four feet wide. Not only is the desk looking like it's ready to surrender, but I really should make better use of the space and organize it so that those late night cram sessions don't get so bad.