?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Suddenly, It's "The Four Yorkshiremen"

Jesus tits....

There are sometimes you just want to smack people.  You want to euthanize them so that you can open their heads and try to figure how in the hell their brain (assuming they have one) functions.

I know I take a lot of cheap shots at politicians.  And I know not all politicians are bad, it's just that 95% of them give the other 5% a bad name (I'm such a bitch).  But I'm about to present a truly non-partisan stance, one that anyone, regardless of where they are on the political spectrum, can look at and go, Jesus, dude!

Up in Michigan, State Sen. Bruce Casswell (R - Mars) came up with a budget proposal.  Foster kids would only be allowed to buy clothes from used or second hand stores.  I'm figuring he means Goodwill and such, not consignment shops.  The kids would get gift cards that could only be used at such stores.

"I never had anything new.  I got all the hand-me-downs. And my dad, he did a lot of shopping at the Salvation Army, and his comment was — and quite frankly it’s true — once you’re out of the store and you walk down the street, nobody knows where you bought your clothes.”  He claims the plan will save the state money, although how much the state spends on clothes now and how much would be saved, no one knows.  Casswell has yet to show his math.

“Honestly, I was flabbergasted,” says Gilda Jacobs, executive director of the Michigan League of Human Services. “I really couldn’t believe this. Because I think, gosh, is this where we’ve gone in this state? I think that there’s the whole issue of dignity. You’re saying to somebody, you don’t deserve to go in and buy a new pair of gym shoes. You know, for a lot of foster kids, they already have so much stacked against them.”

Hey, I have a novel idea!  How about, instead of making the citizens suffer, these asshole politicians do without?  Lead by example!  You know you can afford it, what with all the kickbacks and graft.

Comments

( 2 comments — Leave a comment )
4shatteredstars
Apr. 30th, 2011 11:17 pm (UTC)
I don't understand...
How that is acceptable.

At all.
sinetimore
May. 1st, 2011 03:37 pm (UTC)
I don't understand how anyone can even come up with that idea and take it seriously in the first place.
( 2 comments — Leave a comment )

Latest Month

June 2019
S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Tags

Powered by LiveJournal.com