* At a Walmart in Los Angeles, a woman pepper sprayed roughly twenty other customers to get an XBox 360. She was sought by the police and turned herself in.
* A Kinston, NC security guard pepper sprayed people waiting to get in the building.
* In New York's Soho neighborhood, shoppers looted a clothing store.
* In Phoenix, AZ, a man suspected of shoplifting a video game got beaten bloody by a police officer.
* In San Leandro, CA, a customer was shot outside of a store. Police believe he was a mugging victim as he had already exited the store and was almost to his car.
* In Fayetteville, NC, shots were fired inside a mall.
* In Sacramento, NY, a man was stabbed at a store.
2008 was considered the worst Black Friday because a stampede of shoppers at a Walmart in Long Island, NY, killed an employee and sent a pregnant woman to the hospital. Nice to see people rising to the challenge of surpassing it. Might happen in the next year or two, in fact.
I used to think New Year's Eve was the most dangerous day of the year. I'm seriously rethinking that.